Years after surviving the events in Raccoon City, Chris Redfield has been fighting the scourge of bio-organic weapons all over the world. Now a member of the Bio-terrorism Security Assessment Alliance (BSSA), Chris is sent to Africa to investigate a biological agent that is transforming the populace into aggressive and disturbing creatures.
PC gamers get the ultimate Resident Evil® package in this new PC version with exclusive features including NVIDIA®'s new GeForce® 3D Vision technology (wireless 3D Vision glasses sold separately), new costumes and a new mercenaries mode with more enemies on screen. Delivering an infinite level of detail, realism and control, Resident Evil® 5 is certain to bring new fans to the series. Incredible changes to gameplay and the world of Resident Evil® make it a must-have game for gamers across the globe.
Fans that pick up the PC version will be the first to experience stereoscopic 3D out of screen effects that actually affect gameplay. You will have to be be more accurate as motorcycle manjini, Chainsaws and tentacles pop out of screen and into your living rooms. Infected Majini coming at players from every angle, dust flying in and out of screen and the scariest bosses to date are taken up a notch. Resident Evil® 5 PC is a whole new dimension of fear players will never forget. The game also supports Stereoscopic 3D in all of its cut scenes – an industry first.
- Two Playable Characters – Chris Redfield, protagonist of the original Resident Evil and Resident Evil: Code Veronica, returns and is joined by new playable character Sheva Alomar, an African BSAA agent tasked with investigating the epidemic
- Two Player Online Co-op – New cooperatively-focused gameplay revolutionizes the way that Resident Evil is played. Chris and Sheva must work together to survive new challenges and fight dangerous hordes of enemies
- Next Generation of Fear – Features groundbreaking graphics that utilize an advanced version of Capcom's proprietary game engine, MT Framework, which powered the hit titles Devil May Cry 4, Lost Planet and Dead Rising
- "Quick-Select" Inventory System – Improved inventory system allows items to be traded between characters. To add to the intensity, all inventory management is done in real time; items can even be assigned to the directional pad for instant access
- New Enemies Bring New Challenges – Enemies boast increased speed and intelligence, making them as dangerous alone as they are in groups
- Powerful New Weapons – The number of weapon variations has been greatly increased providing new ways to keep enemies at bay
- Fear Light as much as Shadow – Lighting effects provide a new level of suspense as players attempt to survive in both harsh sunlight and extreme darkness