In Danger on Deception Island, you, as Nancy Drew®, are investigating a string of mysterious events on Deception Island. Try this adventure by foot, bike, and kayak! Navigate sea caves, boats, and the surrounding waters in your kayak. Hop on your bike to explore the Whale Center, Hot Kettle Cafe, and Lighthouse. Walk around town or hit the sandy beach to discover a lighthouse, build sandcastles and more!
When George's friend, Katie Firestone, invites Nancy to Deception Island in the San Juan Islands of the Pacific Northwest for a whale-watching excursion, the sleuth arrives to find Katie's tour boat heavily vandalized. A threatening note warns Katie to "stop meddling." As Nancy investigates, she learns that the town of Snake Horse Harbor is up in arms over an orphaned Orca whale that recently appeared in the channel and has apparently decided to stay.
No one has yet figured out what pod she's from, and it seems that everyone has a different idea of what should be done about her. But one person seems to stand in way of everyone's plans: a meddling Katie Firestone! As Nancy begins to question her allies, a simple vandalism case begins to unfold into something more mysterious and sinister.
- Sea worthy? Hang out with your host and whale watching tour owner, Katie Firestone.
- Tourist or Traveler? There aren't very many whales in River Heights, so enjoy the Orcas.
- Sleuth-Powered! You can cover more ground--er, water if you use paddle power.
- Explore sea caves and the channel. Don't go outside the markers and use your GPS!!
- Swim with the Big Fish. Visit the whale museum to learn about marine life.