Dungeon Defenders is an original hybrid of two hot genres: Tower Defense and online Action-RPG!
The game puts players in the role of one of four distinctive hero classes, tasked with fending off hordes of invading beasties by strategically summoning a variety of Defenses & Traps throughout their castle.
But as far more than a strategy game, players directly participate in the action-packed combat with their hero characters, while upgrading their statistics, gathering tons of loot and inventory items, customizing & upgrading equipment, and developing unique class abilities. All of this can be enjoyed in seamless online and split-screen local multiplayer, as players cooperate and compete through the story campaign and challenge missions to build the strongest heroes and achieve the highest scores in the kingdom.
Combining the depth of strategic gaming with the satisfying action of RPG character building in a beautifully stylized ‘toon fantasy setting, Dungeon Defenders is designed to be a distinctly addictive, easy-to-play experience for casual and hardcore gamers alike.
- Tower-Defense Meets Action-RPG: Choose your class, customize your your character & equipment, strategically assemble your defenses, and participate directly in action-packed battle to preserve your castle against the invading horde!
- Seamless online and Local Multiplayer: Team-up with 3 friends to defend cooperatively, with character classes that support each other’s strengths and weaknesses. Dynamically combine local (splitscreen) and online players, and leave/join any time, so that the game’s always full.
- Distinct Character-Classes: Each character class has a unique balance and set of weapons, towers, and special abilities, for a different style of gameplay.
- Loot & Level-Up: Grab the mounds of money and items that your defeated foes drop, trade them or store them for later use in your Item Box! Getting Kills and Completing Waves earns you experience points, which can be used to upgrade your character, your skills, your equipment, and your Towers on a per-statistic basis – do you want to enhance Hit Points, Attack Rate, Damage, etc? The choices are yours to make. Store your massive overflow of money in the “Mana Bank”, and then spend it to improve your equipment or trade with other players. Proudly show off your best equipment in your own “Adventurer’s Tavern”, without fear of item theft!
- Relentless hordes of enemies and Massive Bosses: Over 100 simultaneous enemies will attempt to tear through your defenses, and at key points gigantic Boss Monsters will appear to rain down havoc upon everyone. Only by employing the most effective defensive strategies, teamwork, and strong characters will you defeat such devilish foes! Many Enemy Types, run the gamut from big dumb Orcs swinging huge axes, to sly lithe Dark Elves striking from the shadows with bow & arrow, to crazy goblins armed with explosive packs. Unique boss monsters provide set-piece battles, among them a gargantuan Ancient Dragon and a cantankerous Goblin Mech.
- Variety of levels and game modes: Each level has a different visual setting, layout, enemy types, traps, and distinct scripted surprises. Four difficulty settings from novice to master, which also adjust the rate of experience and loot earned. Storybook-style cinematics tell the tale throughout the Campaign Mode, and endings vary depending on which characters were used. Survival Mode pits increasing waves of enemies against the players until they fall, with the goal being to defend long enough to achieve the highest leaderboard score. Challenge Mode allows players to play any level with uniquely altered rule sets and goals!