One year after British and coalition armed forces successfully quelled the insurgent uprising in Takistan, the NATO Green Sea deployment is in the process of a strategic drawdown of its combat troops in the region. Private military contractors shoulder the burden of the increased workload, with competition rising between the multinational organisations for lucrative security contracts. Private Military Company, ION, Inc. (formerly Black Element), successfully bid for a contract - codenamed Black Gauntlet - to provide security for a UN investigation team as they seek to piece together information regarding Takistan's abandoned nuclear weapons programme...
Facility OKB-754 was the central hub of Takistan's nuclear weapons programme, which reached it's zennith in late 1999 with the detonation of a 5-10 kton device, before being forcibly abandoned due to sanctions from the international community. The test site was devastated by an underground detonation, which exceeded the expected yield and breached the surface of the ground, distributing a small quantity of radiation around the immediate area; forcing any local activity out of the region. Operation Black Gauntlet follows a new recruit hired by ION, Inc., the PMC group tasked with providing security for a UN investigation team persuing information pertaining to Takistan's abandoned nuclear weapons programme, as he executes a conflicted contract - spanning the breadth of the volatile nation - from inception to termination.
Set in the visually attractive environment of rugged Central Asia, ArmA 2: Private Military Company will add even more depth to the already extensive size of the most realistic combat simulation experience available. Unprecedented freedom of movement, action and tactics - together with hundreds of models and epic sandbox-style maps - creates the most authentic military simulation game: war without the training wheels.
- New playable faction - Private Military Company
- Original singleplayer campaign with strong storyline unfolding across more than ten missions
- Fully implemented 2 player co-op mode
- New map featuring abandoned wasteland style military weapons test range environment, built upon brand new models and textures
- Unique new character models
- Exotic new weapons (AA-12, fully modelled XM8 variants)
- Detailed new vehicles (Ka-60 'Kasatka', Armed Helicopter UAV, Armoured SUV)
- Numerous new engine updgrades, including full Shotgun Ballistics Modelling and in-game Video Playback