gamers (100%) found this review helpful
1. Controls. I feel like, with hack and Slash type games, I should be able to just button mash and something good will happen. That's not the case. The controls are slow, albeit, easy to learn.
2. Vision while riding the bike. The scenery makes it tough to see what's coming next and I find myself running into too many things.
3. No radar. Outside of a little yellow marker when you press the left joystick in, there's really no radar to tell you what's around or where to go next. Sometimes when you explore different areas, the screen turns you around (basically indicating that this area is off limits).
4. The intimate scenes. As a guy, it's really not that big of a deal, but apparently every woman in the game is a prostitute....and boy are they repetitive.
1. The music. That's really it for me. If you like metal, every song I heard in this game was extremely catchy.
I sense that, like Duke Nukem from a couple of years ago, this game was intended for the original Xbox. Maybe it never found a developer to take off with it, but it should have stayed in the vault.
If you have some time between games you plan on renting, go ahead and give it a try. It's an unusual experience to see a game like this come out and I think most hardcore games should be aware that it can happen from time to time and what a really bad game is.
I gave this a 3 due to the music and the music alone.
How in 2013 could a developer/company put out a product as bad as this? You jump from scene to scene with no precise segway to speak of. More load time then play time, and that's just the beginning. Please people, don't waste your time with this game
posted by mbiphoto (DONALSONVILLE, GA) Jul 7, 2013
Member since Oct 2006
gamers (86%) found this review helpful
Let me start off by saying I am deeply disappointed with Deep Silver for having anything to do with this game. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you possibly the worst game in the history of gaming, Ride To H: Retribution.
If it’s a meaningless story line and horrible combat and vehicle physics you are looking for, Ride To H: Retribution is the game for you. Ride To H: Retribution is full of cut scenes that jump from one situation to another without you knowing what’s going on. The intro to the game should have been a sign that this was going to be a complete headache.
You start Ride To H: Retribution by riding down the road on your motorcycle; then, you are instantly on a chain gun mowing down other bikers. After that, immediately back on your bike; then, you are quickly in a fist of cuffs with another biker. Then, yup, you guessed it, back on your motorcycle riding. Sounds cool? Heck, no. Don’t be fooled.
I’m here to save you guys the trouble of renting, buying, or even thinking of ever picking this up and tainting your hand of such filth that Deep Silver deems gaming.
Let me see if I can list the problems I witnessed in only an hour of play:
–Horrible Voice Actors
–The main character’s hair moving when he walked, but his dog tags remained motionless
–God awful control with aiming weapons
–Vehicle issues (running into rocks, other vehicles, fences….and never slowing you down)
–Tanker trucks sliding sideways in the road for no apparent reason
–graphics were from the PS2 age
I did, however, have a few laughs with the fully clothed love making scenes. The female mechanic had on coveralls and, while she was in a reverse cowgirl position, they featured a view from her top half with the coveralls still on. Just freaking hilarious!!
I’ll be honest though….I got to the first boss and quit. I simply couldn't take it anymore. Just garbage. Gamefly wants me to edit the "H" word even though it's in the game title. O_o