I don't know why people are so dissapointed in this game. Yes the campaign fell way short but thats not all the game has to offer. The Online modes are a lot of fun and are obviously making people keep the game. One thing I wish they would add would be a Horde mode but that is minor to the overall picture. Campaign will have Spec Ops missions so you will get to see more what they were doing during the story, this (in my opinion) is there chance to fix what went wrong in the U.S.S campaign. It is truly overall a great game, yes campaign fell short but lets be honest do you keep a game to play its campaign over and over? No you keep it because it has good multiplayer and if you ask me the mulitplayer is absoultly fantastic, but this might just be my style. Any one who reads this should as least try the game don't stray away because IGN gave it a bad review.
posted by jfinley (NEW PORT RICHEY, FL) Mar 24, 2012
Member since Mar 2012
I dont know why it's getting so much hate, this game was pretty kick butt.. Big fire fights, lots of blood, zombies, monsters..lots of action. Its not traditional RE, which to me is fun but gets boring and too dramatic quickly. This game is faster paced and more of an arcade shooter which is more my style.
The game is just overall lacking the polish and fine details that would make it a really great game. Still fun though.
posted by Zero2026 (MONROE TOWNSHIP, NJ) Mar 21, 2012
Member since Aug 2008
Resident Evil 5 meets Left 4 dead and Socom. Don't really expect any survival horror or scares in this game, it's full action. Maybe there are some crescendo points at the campaign mode, but the mood changes online.
- Hardcore fans will be happy to see the zombies back in many groups. They don't run but they can overwhelm in numbers, then of course we have the "good guys" who are armed and get in the way. And classic Boss Battles with characters seen before in the RE Universe.
- Plenty of Characters to Choose from and unlock, of course each of them with their own abilities to use.
- Online gaming is actually fun as long as you have a good set of friends. Teamwork can be actually used to get the objectives in some game modes.
- Online gaming is also a new interesting approach when facing a whole different squad in a world full of zombies and monsters. Give it a try!
- Camera can be tedious, specially in the campaign mode, don't be surprised if you see a teammate getting in the way of the camera, covering 100% of your vision.
- Controls feel too robotic. The run and dive can be very annoying when playing online and the automatic cover can also be a two edged sword at close combat
- Campaign is short.
- Killing a human enemy is very unrealistic and there's no way to see their health.
- Online Melee is highly nerfed and at the same time overpowered. Hard to take down zombies, but if you get attacked by an enemy player, chances are you will be down quickly.
- Feels like there are only 3 types of weapons, handguns, rifles and shotguns. It's hard to tell a difference between their alternate types.
Once you pass over all the few details and get used to the controls you may actually have some fun. Get some friends together and play the online mode. Give it chance, it's a solid RENT! plus remember, no online pass needed!