I thought this was one of the most boring Mario Party. There are some good points but there are more bad ones.
1. The travel together and mini-stars is something new so it doesn't feel repetitive from the old games.
2. You decide how many computers play in Party Mode. (You + 1,2 or 3 Computers)
1. Boards are too short. The max you can roll is a 6 unless you get a special dice. They do that to try shorten the game but it still goes by fast.
2. Since all mini games are available at the start of the game there's no more excitement of the randomly selected games.
3. There's no more mini-games after every round. The only way to get mini-games is by landing on certain spaces.
4. No DK... only Bowser. Bowser also trolls you a lot. EX: "Give 10,000 mini stars."
Overall: New ministar and travel system is fun but they forgot about other aspects of the game that made the series fun.