Madden 12 Sucks! EA promised all these new features and not a single one of them worked, not to mention the game is very glitchy and unrealistic. Extra players, wonderful but you can't develop them on a practice squad so it is just a waste of time. Player roles? it didn't work the first time and it didn't work this time, it just makes the players worse at football, or makes it unfair for the defense covering them.
Things that need to be fixed:
1. Add practice squads to develop players
2. Work on your animation it looks like ps2 graphics at best.
3. The chain animation prevent it from working as a football game, if I have one player who breaks a tackle there is one way he can do it and only one way the player reacts, these things are the same as madden 95, they don't look realistic at all, this game is really just awful you need something better than chain animation because every game plays the same, my FB will always miss the same tackle on the same linebacker when there is no one else for him to block.
4. Presentation, seriously there is none, no pregame, halftime or postgame, they are lame and if they do exist to repetitive to watch.
5. Commentary, this is awful even when you change commentators they still have nothing to say, how about you just use all the recorded broadcasts from a year of real football and adapt them to your game.
6. every year either the DB's or WR are incapable of covering or getting open.
SO in closing, this game has gone majorly downhill to the point where it is not worth buying anymore because it barely offers a challenge and even if it does it is because the players are not reacting correctly and glitching five yards to make an impossible tackle.