First off, I am a huge fan of Rockstar's games, having played all of the GTA series, and Red Dead Redemption.
This game certainly does not disappoint. I'll list Pros and Cons to keep things concise:
1. Accurately recreated city of LA. I live in LA and was amazed at how well they did. Where did they find the time?
2. Cases are gripping and clue searching and interrogations are crazy fun.
3. Collecting landmarks, street crimes, and film canisters are a little bit of busywork, but not too much, and they make you appreciate Rockstar attention to detail, which was insane!
4. Fun achievements.
5. Facial movements and cinematics were awesome. By the end of the game, my wife and daughter who were only watching, were completely engrossed and emotionally stirred by how things turned out. I've never had a game make me, or them feel that way.
6. The final case in Homicide was crazy fun. I won't give it away, but not only did it make you think, it also had my heart pounding at the end. Better than a movie, in my opinion!
7. Being able to track your progress in the Rockstar Social Club for 100% as well as see your friends' progress is awesome. Love this feature!
1. Game is not as action packed as most Rockstar offerings, but the street crimes make up for that somewhat. This game is more of a thinking person's game, which is also a Pro, in my opinion.
2. Collecting the vehicles for 100% is more difficult than usual because the cars all look so similar and as far as I know, 1 of the vehicles is only obtainable at a specific part of a specific case (Packard Custom), so this was silly to me.
3. Not being able to skip most of the cutscenes is annoying, especially since getting all achievements requires multiple playthroughs of cases, unless you cheat by getting Interrogation answers through guides.
4. No save-anywhere functionality. This can be bypassed if you change the volume, but still... annoying.
If you read a review claiming that this game has no action, look elsewhere. Gunfights, car chases, heart pounding interviews and pursuits- L.A. Noire has it all. The game story is great, starting as a patrol officer and getting promoted to homicide, arson, vice, and traffic. The graphics are amazing. I am an avid Call of Duty player and i enjoyed this game more than any first person shooter title. L.A. Noire really topped itself and brings out a different genre of game. You actually have to think, find clues and evidence, figure out people's testimony and find out when and to whom to use the evidence against! All in all, I have found nothing wrong at all with L.A. Noire, and I reccomend this game to everyone.